Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Day of Labor

The unofficial end of summer is here. It seems like I was just starting planting for the year and rueing all the rainy weather we had in the northeast early in the season and looking forward to some beautiful summer weather. Tonight as my wife and I went for a walk outside with the dog you could start to feel the coolness that is starting to creep into the evenings here. When the labor day weekend is over we are set to receive a shipment of tulips and irises that will have to be planted in preparation for the winter.

As my wife and I get busy with work again we've also been spending some time putting up more food for the winter. The post for these should come out in the next day or two. As much as I always love the summer I look forward to the change in seasons as well. About a month and we'll travel to the National Apple Festival in Gettysburg, PA and then come home and do all the apple processing of our own. Apple sauce again this year and hopefully butter, pie filling and maybe some dried this year as well. Time to get the home ready for winter. A whole new set of adventures to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment